Regional Association of Energy Regulators for Eastern and Southern Africa (RAERESA)
The Regional Association of Energy Regulators for Eastern and Southern Africa (RAERESA) is based at the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) secretariat in Lusaka, Zambia.
RAERESA, is one of the specialized institutions of COMESA in the field of energy regulations, whose objectives include, among others, capacity building and information sharing, facilitation of energy supply policy, legislation and regulations.
Other objectives are to enhance Inter-regional cooperation and regional energy regulatory co-operation.
Chair: Mr. Daniel Kiptoo Bargoria, Ag. Director General, Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) — Kenya
Region: Eastern and Southern Africa
- Burundi – Agency for Regulation of Water, Electricity and Mining (AREEM)
- Egypt – Egyptian Electric Utility and Consumer Protection Regulatory Agency (EgyptERA)
- Ethiopia – Ethiopian Energy Authority (EEA)
- Kenya – Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC)
- Madagascar – Office de Regulation Electricite (ORE)
- Malawi – Malawi Energy Regulatory Authority (MERA)
- Mauritius – Utility Regulatory Authority (URA)
- Rwanda – Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA)
- Seychelles – Seychelles Energy Commission (SEC)
- Sudan – Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
- Uganda – Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
- Zambia – Energy Regulation Board (ERB)
- Zimbabwe – Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA)
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Eswatini – Energy Regulatory Authority (ESERA) Eswatini